Easy Installation of Roll-Out Garage Flooring
30 to 60 minutes
Minimal tools!No adhesives required!
1) For best result, unpack and install product as soon as possible after delivery. The sooner product is removed from packaging, the sooner it will lay flat on garage floor after installation.
2) Sweep and clean garage floor. Wipe up any oil and chemicals from floor before rolling out product.
3) Unroll product on garage floor. Edges may be butted together or overlapped (see Overlap Note below) for seamless appearance and floor protection. Initially, the Garage Floor Protector will have curl marks due to being rolled on a core or folded in a box for shipment (this is normal).
Unroll option 1: For lay flat results, unroll Garage Floor Protector in the sunlight on a clean driveway. The warmer the conditions the quicker curls will straighten out and lay flat. Use wide push broom, push air out from center and work your way out (side to side and length to length) Repeat if necessary. Place on garage floor when desired and repeat broom out.
Unroll option 2: If you wish to unroll product directly on the garage floor, sweep garage floor clean of debris and unroll Garage Floor Protector. For best results, start unrolling process at the garage entrance; finishing at the back of the garage. Note: In cool to cold conditions it may take 72+ hours for most curl marks to lay flat depending on the temperature. Be sure to push out air with broom (It is OK to park your car on it during this time).
Overlap note: G-Floor® Flooring that is 10' wide, has an "overlap flap" (approximately 1.5" to 2" wide) of unpatterned material running down one side. Flooring that is 9' wide or less,has no "overlap flap".
4) Allow mat to relax and lay flat. For custom fit, allow product to relax
in place before trimming around edges and corners.
Note: If product is used under extreme temperature conditions, such as direct sunlight or unheated garages, the product may expand or contract as much as 2% after laying flat. For custom fit, always allow product to relax before trimming around edges and corners.
5) Trim edges with sharp scissors or utility knife.
6) Taping around edges is not necessary. This product can expand or contract up to 2% with temperature changes. It is best if the product is allowed to 'float' freely on the floor. If you choose to tape the seam between two floor protectors, we recommend using indoor-outdoor carpet tape.
Note: Due to the manufacturing process, patterns of two pieces of flooring may not match or align exactly along the seam when two mats are laid side by side.
Back to Store It Well